It’s been a hot minute, but the blog is officially making a comeback! Since I posted last, I graduated high school, moved 9 hours from home, became part of a sorority, and got way more makeup than any one human could ever need. (That last part is nothing new; my addiction is an ongoing struggle.) My makeup style and routine have changed A LOT since my last post, so I figured I should update y’all. This list is just for when you wake up a little early, have a presentation, or know there’s a cute guy in that day’s class. By no means does this mean you have to wear makeup to college, because Lord knows I usually don’t. I’ve been embracing my bare skin and loving every minute of it, and you should too! But here’s a few basics for those days when you feel like doing a little extra.
- Becca Under-Eye Brightening Corrector– Y’all. This stuff is amazing. I never had dark circles until I got to college, but about halfway through the semester, my late-night Criminal Minds addiction caught up to me, and I became a panda. I dab a little of this under my eyes, and suddenly I’m no longer a zombie! Be sure to use your ring finger to pat it into the delicate skin under your eyes so you avoid wrinkles later on.
- CoverGirl Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation– I like this foundation because it has the consistency of a tinted moisturizer, but the coverage and matte finish of a foundation. I just rub this in with my clean hands to save time and it doesn’t get streaky or weird. I can basically do this with my eyes closed and it’ll end up looking good, which is perfect because I’m usually still asleep when I do my makeup.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation– Wow this one has a long name. It also smells like maple syrup and that throws me off every time I’m putting it on. I use a big, fluffy powder brush to apply this and lock in my makeup. It has good coverage and keeps everything matte. There’s also a great shade selection, which is always nice for pale girls like me.
- Makeup Forever Pro Fusion Bronzer– This stuff goes on like butter. The texture is like nothing else. You just have to go into Sephora and touch it to know what I’m talking about. It gives the perfect amount of bronze and never looks patchy. Swirl this on the outer portions of your face to give yourself a little color.
- Marc Jacobs Air Blush in Kink and Kisses– Yes the shade names make me uncomfy too. But this blush goes on so flawlessly, I choose to overlook the awkwardness. It’s an ombre style blush, so you can choose how much pigment you want. A little pricey, but very worth it.
- L’Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper– I can’t get enough of this moussey brow gel. I’m not the type of girl who fills in her brows everyday (more power to those who have the patience to) so this little wand is a dream come true. I comb through my brows with it, and they instantly look fuller and less out of control.
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara– You knew this one was coming. I’ve gone back and forth with different mascaras but I always come back to this one. It gives me great length and volume but never looks clumpy, because I HATE clumpy mascara. Some people love it, but it’s not my thing. A couple coats of this are the perfect finishing touch to pair with my college girl uniform of leggings and a giant tshirt!